We recognize the importance of approaching our responsibilities for Corporate Social Responsibility in a coordinated and committed fashion. We have developed a program comprising of:
- Our work in the community
- Layer3 University Alliance Network (LUAN)
Our Work in the Community
Involvement in the local community is of paramount importance to Layer3. We consider ourselves committed to communities in the local area and are very aware and focused on our national and international responsibilities.
We believe that helping the local community is not just something we choose to do but is also an important role of our company. We understand that local businesses and communities are closely linked and that we can have a significant positive impact on communities as a whole.
We have played active role and continue to do so in contributing to these communities both through direct financial support and participation in activities organized both by the firm and by bodies such Non-Governmental Organizations in the health and community development sectors.
Recent activities in this space include:
- CORE Development Initiative: Support for Financial Literacy & Management Training program for youth.
- Higher Education: In a bid to further motivate Computer Science students, we institutionalized an annual award for the Best Graduating Student in Computer Science in University of Jos and the Federal University, Katsina.
- Higher Education Excursions: Provide enlightenment for students about the role of ICT and the various specializations in the world today. Participants so far include University of Jos, Federal University, Katsina and Hills College of Education, Nassarawa.
- Divas Dynasty: Support for the Inspire the Women in Africa program;
- Thoughtful House Foundation: Support for the Autism Awareness program;
- Hit & Kick Out Prostate Cancer: Sponsored the Prostrate Awareness Creation program.
Our objective is to encourage our Directors, Management and staff to play a significant part in the development of local communities.