Job Title: Pre-Sales Engineer/ Solutions Architect
Supervisor: Senior Solutions Architect
Level: Mid to Senior Level
The Pre-Sales role is defined as a Technology expert or a Tech Consultant whereby the individual augments/speeds up the Sales Cycles by bringing technical expertise to the table viz. in presenting a Proof-of-Concept, production presentation or demonstration.
The Pre-Sales Engineer supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. He/she collaborates with sales, service, Vendor (Manufacturer), and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by Partner’s Key technical decision-makers.
He/she is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota together with the Sales team. In addition, he/she will manage the different Layer3 product/solutions within his/her portfolio.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple and scalable solutions.
- Participate in conferences, shows, exhibitions when appropriate and requested
- Design, development and launch of new or existing products involving a wide variety of OEM’s
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers’met and unmet needs, and recommends optimum solutions, ensuring appropriate support for the proposed architecture.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms, ensures these opportunities are effectively covered and followed by the sales team.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle of assigned products/solutions from end to end.
- Play a major role on both current and potential partner relationships for products with various OEMs.
- Provides training to Partners and their technical staff.
- Follows and shares market technological needs and evolution with Product Line Managers.
- Liaise and gather necessary information from business unit leaders/subject matter experts with a view to responding to RFI/RFQ/RFP together with the Key Account Sales manager
- Responsible for technical sales, analysis, designing, implementation and optimization of Enterprise Solutions.
- Interface with Clients, OEMs, Consultants, Vendors and Service contractors on daily basis and ensures and maintains regular OEM pricing database for components/materials, pricing updates and documentation for commercial bid / quotations preparation
- Provides assigned defense/clarification of such bids/proposals as stated above with ultimate goal of generating job orders based on such.
- Customer/In-house Product knowledge briefing/presentations/clarifications
- Ensure deadlines or submission dates for bids/quotations/proposals are strictly complied with.
- Adhere and comply with the dept. practices around PREPARE, PLAN, DESIGN stages of technology lifecycle and engagement model with the customer.
- Playing a vital part in business strategy by providing internal practice management risk assessment
- Driving successful proof-of-concepts and solution deployments by ensuring proper business value.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of technical solutions
- Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in solutions architecture role.
- Industry knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- Competitive knowledge (in area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (product management).
- On August 9, 2018
- 0 Comments