Job Title: Management Accountant
Supervisor: Head, Finance and Accounts
Management Accountants aid managerial planning and commercial decision-making tasks by providing appropriate financial information and undertaking related accounts administration.
Management Accountants look after a company’s accounts. They advise managers about the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit.
Responsibilities of the job include:
- Participate in the preparation of periodic management reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements.
- Undertaking financial administration and internal audits in form financial support visit to all points where we work.
- Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues.
- Supervising a team of accounting technicians.
- Developing and managing financial systems/policies.
- Coordinate internal and external audit process and attend to all queries in conjunction with other unit.
- Negotiating and obtaining finance for major projects as directed by Head of Finance.
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure.
- Administer the ERP by performing the required Monthly process and end of the year close out activities. –e.g running of ERP end of the year closure, cash count, and stock taking exercise.
- Creating business strategies to generate shareholder value.
- Act as internal controller by coordinate price intelligent committee activities.
- Ensure there are audit trails for all Layer3 transaction by reviewing all transaction for compliance with applicable laws and regulatory pronouncements.
- Coordinate as directed by the HOF the activities of Procurement committee and arranging meetings of Risk management committee.
- Coordinate cash and service forecast on periodic basis.
- Identify and report against all major investors interest in the industry to ensure determine the position of Layer3 in the market.
- Ensure all transaction are posted into ERP as at when due.
Key skills for management accountants:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Sound business knowledge
- Accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business Administration.
- Professional membership of relevant bodies will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of current laws and practices regarding taxes, vat, payee, and pension.
- Awareness and ability to demonstrate the importance of ethics & appropriate codes of conduct in the workplace.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems.
In order to assess your performance, management and HR will use as a basis, your ability to carry out your duties as listed while demonstrating the above listed competencies and providing the following detailed items:
- Weekly reports
- Departmental monthly management reports
- Properly prepared Accounts
- Up to date accounting records
- On April 19, 2018
- 0 Comments